OFFICE: Uber, Hyderabad, Telangana
FOR APPLY: https://www.uber.com/global/en/careers/list/103918/?iis=marketing&iisn=indeed&iisp=organic
About the Role
FinTech builds technology for Uber’s Financial Planning & Analysis, Forecasting, Budgeting, Cost Management, Revenue computation, Treasury, Tax and Compliance services. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building innovative solutions for complex business problems and collaborating cross-functionally.
As a lead DevOps Engineer on the team, you will be primarily responsible for high availability of infrastructure supporting the FinTech organization, build and maintain robust well-orchestrated services for developing/deploying code and data using CI/CD frameworks. A catalyst to administer and support the cloud infrastructure including software upgrade, analysis and planning, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and day to day maintenance.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure proper platform design, implementation and operations of Uber’s EPM platform hosted in AWS
- Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices for team
- Design and implement rollout/rollback product strategies including automated regression testing capabilities
- Documenting and developing new product features, and writing scripts for automation
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed to optimize performance
- Designing and implementing solutions around monitoring and alerting
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with development and deployment of backend platform, ensuring to support infra requirements for Engineers
- Various life cycles of the product including installation, configuration, administration and tuning in Linux environment
- 8+yrs of experience with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Performance Troubleshooting and Tuning on Linux platform
- Experience with Git, CI/CD (Jenkins etc.), Docker
- Experience in working with Infrastructure as Code. Driving automatic configuration of infrastructure with Chef or Puppet, OR provisioning of servers through CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Strong Linux Shell scripting experience
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, C++
- Experience/Exposure to Enterprise Performance Management Systems/Tools (Ex: TM1, Anaplan, Essbase, Hyperion, Oracle EPM, etc.)
- Exposure to TM1 Server Administration / Application Development
- SQL and/or MDX Skills
- Data Warehousing and Data Modelling concepts
- Cloud certification (preferably AWS Certified Solutions Architect/Professional) is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.