OFFICE: Tableau – Hyderabad, Telangana
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Salesforce’s Tableau CRM (FKA Einstein Analytics) product is one of our most exciting product offerings ever. It provides an integrated analytics and AI experience within Salesforce’s CRM workflow, and is a key part of Salesforce Customer 360. We continue to attract rave reviews and are part of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms. Our growth in terms of customers and usage has been extraordinary and this trend is expected to continue.
The Salesforce/Tableau Performance Foundation team builds high-quality data infrastructure, tools, dashboards and integrate these insights into context sensitive workflows to provide timely intelligence about performance, user experience and capacity so our lines of business can run as efficiently as possible. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a robust infrastructure that scales and empowers key stakeholders to (1) better understand the impact of performance on user experience and adoption, (2) identify performance bottlenecks , (3) Capacity planning and modeling
You will interact with almost all of our engineering organizations, product managers and customers to succeed in engineering. You will get an opportunity to interact with product and engineering leaders and influence the product roadmap.
• You will be building the platform to collect and analyze data related to the performance, user experience , usage and cost of resources required to deliver all services across Tableau with optimal cost to serve.
• You will be developing tools and frameworks that provide actionable insights for improving performance and systems resource utilization and efficiency
• You will be building relationships, learning and apply cross-functional collaboration skills to help our engineering partners develop highly performance and efficient software.
• You will develop technical leadership working with business teams so they make the right choices in their day-to-day development and help Tableau/Salesforce run as efficiently as possible!
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
• 1+ years of industry experience.
– Proven coding skills in Java or Python, database design and SQL
– Familiarity with Linux OS and environment is a plus
• 2+ years of relevant work experience.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Experience building data pipelines and metrics dashboards
• Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant/Maven, junit, etc.
• Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.