OFFICE: Verisk – Hyderabad, Telangana
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer with Python, BI skills, and exposure to AWS environment. The developer will work with onsite & offshore senior developers and other team mates in application development, production support teams.
- Development of new and enhancement of existing web applications, n-tier applications, microservices, APIs
- Perform hands-on coding in Python or any other programming language for end to end n-tier application and integration with BI tools.
- Work collaboratively with onsite and offshore teams,
- Provides technical support, after development production support, maintenance and enhancement of the products and applications.
- Work with Senior developers and technical leads under their guidance and mentorship, provide work breakdown and efforts estimates, timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities in projects
- 1+ years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, web and search methodologies
- Proficient and good understanding in any of the following technologies: Python, Java, J2EE, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere, REST, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy
- Experience with ETL processes, data analysis is a plus
- Exposure to coding experience with Text extraction, Text analysis programming is desirable.
- 1+ years of experience with database technologies like SQL server, DynamoDB, Mongo DB, NoSQL etc.
- Experience in setting up AWS environment, working on lambda functions, Serverless programming, understanding of AWS components EC2, ECS, EKS is a plus.
- Hands on Web Development technologies using one or more technologies using Python flask, Angular Js, or React Js, HTML5/CSS3, and awareness of responsive web designs.
- Exposure to Messaging services, ElasticSearch services is a plus
- Conversant with Agile and scrum methodologies
- Excellent understanding of design patterns, object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability. Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice